New Horizons Minnesota Careers
About New Horizons
Since 1982, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers has grown to become the largest independent IT training company worldwide. We offer more courses at more times and in more locations than any other computer and business training company. Business clients and individuals can choose from hundreds of course offerings delivered by experts and offered in hundreds of convenient locations around the world. As an Account Executive, your mission is to contribute to this growth by meeting or exceeding your sales objectives, seizing new business opportunities and fostering relationships with clients. Your outstanding performance in this role positions you for career growth opportunities, even international career opportunities.
Front Desk Associate
The Front Desk Associate position entails greeting students, participating in morning check in, making appropriate inputs into the registration system, printing certificates, working on a multi-line phone system, general computer and office work and other duties as assigned.
- Greet and direct visitors and/or students
- Answer the main phone line, and transfer to appropriate party
- Manage our proctored testing center
- Prepare snacks throughout the day for students
- Input classes into survey system, manually enter when needed
- Print certificates for students daily
- Maintain room calendars, inputting our schedule so it appears for the public
- Schedule and maintain cleanliness of break rooms, conference rooms & classrooms
- Database maintenance
- Assist with filing (i.e. creation of files and file labels)
- Other duties as assigned
- Ideal candidate would be multi-tasked
- Customer service oriented
- Possess proper phone etiquette
- Maintain a pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor
- Previous experience desired, but not necessary
- Basic computer and typing skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High school diploma or equivalent required
ANNUAL SALARY: $30K
New Horizons Learning Center Twin Cities is seeking an aggressive Inside-Sales Account Executive to join our team of dynamic sales professionals. We offer a better-than-average base salary, excellent commission structure and good benefits. Our work environment is fair and firm, friendly and focused. Our account executives work hard, deliver results and are compensated well. Here are a few words that describe our ideal candidate:
About Your Role
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will join a dynamic sales force of peers and enjoy generous support from your managers. You will become familiarized with our products and systems during a training period that lasts about a month. Following this ramp-up time, you will be expected to aggressively prospect daily, secure new business on a consistent basis, and meet or exceed sales targets. This will require you to invest your time cultivating relationships with new and existing clients by delivering in-person presentations, making 60-80 calls a day, and following up to ensure clients receive quality service.
Daily activities to "meet or exceed goals" include but are not limited to:
You will also use software to help manage your client relationships. In addition to the contacts you make on you own, you will be assigned a leads funnel of new and existing clients that will help you reach your targets. A performance matrix will track the business you generate, the new contacts you make and the number of clients you contact. You will also be expected to participate in trade shows, email marketing, online webinars, seminar events and audits.
- Make 60-80 calls
- Add 3-5 new contacts
- Add 2 new accounts
- Schedule at least two new meetings
- Conduct 1-2 "ACTED" meetings
- Maintain a multiple of 3-4 times the sales target in pipeline/forecast
- Continue to work active accounts to generate referrals
What you'll bring to the Table:
We also prefer:
- Three or more years of successful direct sales, business to business (B2B) experience, experience in technology, training, or adjacent industries
- Ability to develop new business through prospecting and cold calls
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a strong sales pipeline
- Experience within a quota driven sales environment
- Strong investigative and listening skills
- Solid communication and excellent computer skills
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Ambition, strong work ethic, a willingness to learn, persistence and DRIVE!
What we'll bring to the Table:
- Experience with SPIN® Selling methodology, Solution Selling, or Target Account Selling
- Familiarity with CRM systems, such as CMS, Goldmine, or Act
Huge earning potential: An excellent base salary is combined with a no-cap commission plan and the potential to earn well beyond six figures.
Outstanding perks: In addition to exceptional benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401K, you are eligible to take free classes from all of the great courses we have to offer.
Career development: With more than 300 centers in 70 countries, global transfer options, and a business model that fosters rapid company expansion, you will have numerous opportunities to develop your career.
Everything you need to succeed: From an empowering manager to a highly skilled staff, you'll have all of the resources you'll need to provide unparalleled customer service.
Great products to represent: Over the last 25 years, New Horizons has grown to become the largest independent IT training company worldwide. We offer more courses, at more times and in more locations than any other company in the computer training industry.
Keys to Success
In the world of IT training, hunters feast and gatherers starve. In order to succeed in this role you must be a "hunter." Your perseverance, high energy and follow-through will determine whether you feast, or go hungry. Maintaining a high sense of urgency, surpassing sales quotas and nourishing client relationships will set you apart as a star performer in this position. If this sounds like the right mix of challenge and opportunity for you, and you meet the minimum qualifications, we want to hear from you! Our Account Executives receive a base salary and/or straight commission plans and sales incentives with virtually no income limitation. Advancement is possible in as soon as five months. New Horizons is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Would you love to teach our corporate clients in a fun, high-energy, professional setting? Would you love to constantly learn new skills, so your own abilities continually expand?
Are you looking to join a team committed to excellence? Then contact New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, one of the largest and highest rated independent providers of technical and application training around the world. We are seeking highly qualified candidates to join our team as an Application Instructor. You can enjoy a rewarding career delivering training solutions to our corporate clients using the latest technologies and software products such as Microsoft Office and Windows 7. You may also train on a variety of web design and graphic skills such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash.
What We'll Bring to the Table
New Horizons offers paid, in-depth training and a competitive benefits package. Invest in yourself and apply today to become part of our team of premier trainers in this challenging and rewarding career. Salary depends on experience and diversity of courses you are capable of teaching. Outstanding perks -- in addition to exceptional benefits that include medical, dental, vision and 401K, you are eligible to take free classes from all the great courses we have to offer.
Career development - with over 300 centers in 70 countries, global transfer options, and a business model that fosters rapid company expansion, your career will stand to greatly benefit from our vast selection of opportunities.
Everything you need to succeed -- from an empowering manager, to a highly skilled staff, you'll have all of the resources you'll need to be able to offer unparalleled customer service.
Great product to represent - over the last 25 years New Horizons has grown to become the largest independent IT training company worldwide. We offer more courses, at more times and in more locations than any other company in the computer training industry.
Qualifications - What You'll Bring to the Table
Desired Skills, Certifications and Previous Experience:
Candidates should have experience in an instructional position teaching technical content to learners or have an extensive technical background. The technical instructor will be required to teach multiple courses from the subjects below and should be qualified for at least (1) of the below certifications or technologies.
Candidates should possess one of the following Certifications:
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Database Administrator 2008
- MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator on Exchange 2010MCSD: Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
- MCPD: Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
- ITIL: Intermediate Level
Candidates should be able to teach two of the following course area offerings:
- Microsoft Server 2008
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Candidates must be willing to complete the following Certified Trainer Certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- CompTIA CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer)
Director of Sales
New Horizons Learning Center Twin Cities is seeking a Director of Sales to direct the overall operations of our Account Executives. As Director of Sales with our organization, you will lead a team of dynamic Account Executives and be responsible for achieving sales and collections goals. You will also be responsible for hiring new sales executives, retaining and developing the sales team. As we as, Director of Sales, your mission is to contribute to the growth and development of our sales organization, seize new business opportunities and foster relationships with clients. Your outstanding performance in this role positions you for career growth opportunities, even international career opportunities.
- Recruit, hire and develop account executive staff.
- Effectively recruit, screen candidates, and approve new employee hires.
- Coordinate an intensive, high quality training program for newly hired account executives.
- Direct, supervise, and develop the Sales Department personnel to ensure a highly motivated and efficient staff.
- Manage a team of account executives to meet sales and revenue goals through an efficient sales and opportunity management process. Coach, direct and take corrective action as necessary to improve performance.
- Design, implement, and supervise special sales contests to motivate account executives and to increase revenue.
- Oversee sales territory management.
- Effectively distribute and manage individual territories by account executive
- Set territory sales and revenue expectations with account executives
- Monitor performance objectives
- Resolve any territorial issues and transfer accounts as necessary
- Meet or exceed sales and revenue goals
- Compare the monthly net income results with training center objectives. Formulate plans to meet and exceed objectives.
- Monitor cash collection results by account executives and initiate corrective actions to meet cash flow objectives.
- Develop and administer the department’s operating budget. Assume responsibility for the department equipment and supplies. Establish procedures and controls to protect assets from damage and theft.
- Monitor sales trends; recommend new products and marketing strategies as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and tasks as designated by the general manager.
- Demonstrates business insight
- Shows professional behavior
- Understands the current IT marketplace
- Motivates and inspires others
- Helps create a sense of purpose and shared vision
- Communicates goals and objectives to others
- Accepts personal responsibility for one’s own and group’s performance
- Responds to situations in a logical, accurate, and complete manner.
- Creates a positive work environment built on trust, fair and equal treatment, and consistent reward and consequence system
- Understands how to motivate team and leads through demonstration of these practices
- Sets and follows-through with achieving goals
- Shows sense of urgency
- Is dissatisfied with average performance
- Engages in problem-solving activities regularly and autonomously
- Demonstrates a strong sense of purpose
- Committed to achieving results
- Displays a high energy level
- Sets high standards of performance
- Initiates work and patterns of excellence
- Develops and articulates clear approaches towards successful sales tactics
- Demonstrates active listening skills
- Develops and evaluates alternative courses of action
- Takes into account logic, facts, resources, constraints and organizational goals when weighing matters
- Acts in accordance with ethical principles and organizational values
- Raises and addresses ethical concerns or issues when appropriate
- Follows through on commitments and implied agreements
- Takes ownership
- Abides by policies and procedures
- Accurately weighs the costs and benefits when arriving at decisions
Staffing, Training, and Retaining
- Recruits consistently and effectively following recommended hiring process
- Appropriately staffs for meeting revenue goals
- Uses effective interviewing techniques, tests for skills, and checks references
- Demonstrates ethical and legal hiring practices by following EEOC guidelines, disciplines
- Engages the sales force, decreases voluntary turnover rates, provides positive reinforcement and incentives, plans effective contests
Staff Training and Development
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous development of the sales team including oneself by implementing effective regular training programs
- Regularly assesses team and individual performance gaps and builds development plans for closing the gaps
- Using effective coaching techniques for addressing sales skills, strategy and product knowledge gaps
- Knows how to access New Horizons resources, delivers training to improve sales performance
- Demonstrates effective territory management practices including account segmentation
- Demonstrates appropriate account and strategy planning
- Effectively prioritizes account management and sales tactics
- Three or more years of consultative sales experience with demonstrated managerial abilities.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Three or more years in the IT industry.
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate proficiency in software applications required in the performance of job responsibilities.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are imperative.
PLEASE APPLY HERE FOR ALL POSITIONS LISTED ABOVE